Information Assurance and Security (IAS) is a field of research that focus on the management and protection of knowledge, information and data. It combines two fields:
- Information assurance, which focuses on ensuring the availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and non-repudiation of information and systems. These measures may include providing for restoration of information systems by incorporating protection, detection, and reaction capabilities.
- Information security, which emphasizes on the protection of information and information systems from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, or destruction inÂ order to provide confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
Information systems play an important role in the infrastructure that supports commerce, banking, telecommunications, health care, and national security, driving the need for qualified IAS specialists.
This special issue is a platform for Master of Science (Information Security) students to publish their final year project/research findings. The papers published in this issue have been reviewed by at least 3 reviewers or lecturers in the area of IAS. The scopes of research area conducted by the students are:
- Information Security Awareness, Evaluation, Maturity Model/Metamodel
- Security Issues in Cloud
- Spam Email/Review/Web Detection
- Biometrics Recognition
- Privacy Preserving Data Mining
- Cyber Security Analytics and Visualization
- Digital Forensics and Investigation